Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pants Shopping Tips (with a body brace)

Hey you guys,
Scoliosis Fashionista here.

I decided I would write a series of posts about how to shop for clothes that will fit your body brace, and help you hide your body brace. Whenever people find out I wear a body brace, they are so surprised. This is due to the fact that over the years I have learned how to shop for things that are both in style and that hide the body brace. Sadly, sometimes this means you cannot participate in all of the ongoing trends.

First, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear you body brace when you go shopping. You may think, oh I can just guestimate if it will fit or not....but trust me it will never work. Anyways....there are a couple tips I have when shopping for clothes.

STAY AWAY FROM
-Pants: I tend to stay away from low rise jeans as they always seem to slip of my body brace, and cause me to be uncomfortable.

LOOK FOR
-Pants: I typically I tend to buy either elastic waist pants or ones that have a little stretch. This allows me to still wear the pants comfortably, even after I've grown a little bit and I've had to loosen the body brace. I know some people say not to wear jeggings, because they will show your body brace or something. However, I do not have this problem. In fact, I own a pair of jeggings and I find them really comfortable, and I don't think they show my body brace.

Stay tuned for the skirts addition....soon!
~Scoliosis Fashionista~




No comments:

Post a Comment